Saturday, September 29, 2007

Slippery When Dating Signs along the Road of Life

by Ivan Saldarriaga

“So what are you doing tonight?”

“Um, nothing really.”

“Awesome, wanna go watch a movie or something?”

“Actually, I have to do some family stuff.”

“Doesn’t your family live in Mississippi?”

“Uh…yeah. I have to call them about something. It’s going to take a long time.”

* * *

“So what are you going to get to eat?”

“Oh I’m not hungry.”

“What? Are you serious?”

“Yeah, I had a big lunch.”

“Um…you did know I was taking you out to eat right?”

“Yeah…don’t worry, you go ahead and get something to eat. I’ll get some water or something.”

“Um…alright. Are you sure?”

“Oh yeah, definitely, go ahead and order something. I’ll be fine.”

“Do you just wanna go?”

“Sure…I mean if you want to.”

“Man, I am kinda hungry. I’ll just get some fries or something.”

“Whatever.” Yawn!

* * *

“I had a great time tonight, Emily.”

“Uh…it’s Elizabeth.”

“Oh, right, Elizabeth.”

No comments: