Monday, January 28, 2008

Superpower

I’m sometimes scared of what I have the power to destroy;

Peering at the porcelains that surround me, follow me;

It astounds me to think that they’ve even survived this long;


You see, it’s because of this super power

Oh what a super power, you're probably familiar with it;

No, I can’t leap over buildings in one bound,

My power knows no limit for leaping

I can’t breathe underwater;

But have an uncanny ability to make people feel suffocated;

I don’t have penetrating x-ray vision, but really;

Who wants to see through walls when you can pierce into others;

And peel away their securities like a careful surgeon until;

All that’s left are soft, tender, and vulnerable fears.


If I could stop there, I would be happy, I could move on;

But I don’t, I can’t, and it’s this super power, this curse;

Which doesn’t allow me let go once I smell blood;

The power kicks in, and I’m in autopilot,

I kick and scratch and yell, and don’t stop, I can’t stop;

Not until what’s left before me are just shards of what once was.


Oh what a power…what a power…

6 comments:

jx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jx said...

i think we all enjoy this "peeling of securities" act, we all have a thirst for destruction of the innocent and the fearless...some sinister race huh? haha.. hey btw, can you change the link to my blog to be something other than my name? b/c i don't want it to show up on google search. thanks!

Dissent said...

Whats with the lack of posts? You're getting slack and almost as bad as me, Ivan.

jx said...

yea you've stopped writing. sometimes love or contentment squeezes all the creative juices out of us...or maybe you are saving it for someone else ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.