Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Change of heart

Alright, let's get some things straight here, buster,
First off, let's remember I call the shots.
I've got the winning hand,
ball's in my court,
and there are some things i have in mind,
oh boy do I have some things,
that I want to do.
Wanna touch the moon, for one,
Wanna marry myself a pretty southern belle,
one that drags out her, "Honeeeey"'s and "Darrrrrling's"
I wanna scale the highest peaks,
and have enough energy left over,
to swim in the deepest pools.
Are you hearing me? Are you getting all this?
I wanna be remembered forever,
Wanna sail all the seven seas,
and get to know all of their sunsets.
And that's just for starters.
* * *
Alright, alright, I'm sorry
can't we talk this over, again.
I realize I was brash, I was wrong, I was mean,
but I was young,
can't we come to a compromise?
No one has to know,
and, plus, I don't need so much now,
Just a few more years,
Is that too much?
After all, you never let me touch the moon,
or find myself that gorgeous southern belle,
or even sail one sea, much less all seven.
The sand's running out,
I haven't got the time to waste,
I'm beggin' you,
isn't there anything you'll give me?
Are you even listening?

No comments: