Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Where my thoughts go

do I, do I,
say hi?
too late, he's already talking.
What's for lunch today?
Is it tuna? Or roast beef?
Which reminds me,
Did I get mom a gift?
I'll have to check about that.
What's he talking about?
Just nod and say, "Yeah."
"Yup.", "Uh-huh."
Ok, now I'm sounding too interested.
Time to tone it down a notch.
Fight the urge to yawn,
Damn it, fight.
Oh crap, just make it a quick yawn, then.
Give another round of "yeah-yeah"'s
Now how can that be?
I've looked at my watch five times
and it's only been ten seconds.
So tuna or roast beef?
Oh wait, it's Wednesday. It's taco salad!!
Ok, stop smiling now, focus...focus, damn it.
Oh this is just too hard.
I wonder if Liz is in her office.
Wonder what she's wearing.
Oh....he's stopped talking.
Did he just ask me a question?
Should I, Should I,
just say goodbye?

No comments: